National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World is a network of world-class accommodations where sustainability is the touchstone and the guest experience is exceptionally rich and meaningful. To create our growing collection, we set out to identify properties in spectacular places all over the world that embody the values National Geographic and our travelers hold close. The lodges we have selected go beyond fine amenities and gourmet cuisine: they are founded on a deep desire to protect and celebrate the cultures and ecosystems that surround them through sustainable tourism practices and meaningful experiences.
If your property is driven by the guiding principles of sustainable tourism, excellence in service, and providing an outstanding guest experience within the local culture and/or environment, we invite you to apply to join the collection.
By Phone, Mail or Email
National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World
1145 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
The following criteria will be used to evaluate each application. In order to maintain a well-balanced and diverse collection of properties, each property’s geographic location and overall integration into the collection will also be taken into consideration.
To become a member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, please review the application process described below, then begin your application.
1. Contact us at 1-202-791-1085 or email@example.com to receive the application.
2. Please make sure the person completing the application has a detailed knowledge of the property and takes time to carefully complete all questions in English. This application is very important and will determine whether your property is considered for entry into the NGUL collection. At any time you will be able to save your work and return later.
3. Once your application is carefully reviewed, we will advise you, if you qualify for provisional acceptance. If you do, we will contact you to arrange an on-site inspection. The inspection is designed to verify that the information provided in the application is accurate, and it provides us with the opportunity to learn more about the property. The on-site inspection will be conducted by a representative of National Geographic Unique Lodges according to the program’s inspection guidelines and criteria.
4. Prior to the on-site inspection, National Geographic will send you the member agreement. You will need to return the signed agreement along with an inspection fee of US$2,500. A representative of National Geographic Unique Lodges will then visit your property and conduct the inspection.
5. Final acceptance will be determined once the on-site inspection is complete. National Geographic reserves the right to determine final acceptance into the program.