One of the great joys of travel is experiencing a destination with all of your senses; learning its rhythms, exploring sites both everyday and extraordinary, and sampling its flavors. Food is a touchstone for discovering a place and its culture, and at National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, cuisine plays a central—and scrumptious—role. We asked chefs from our lodges for recipes that capture the flavors of their destination. We hope you enjoy bringing these tastes of the world into your own kitchen.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sift flour and spices together.
3. Cream butter with molasses and honey and beat in egg.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in water and add to the molasses mixture all at once, mixing well.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in berries.
6. Grease 1-cup preserve jars, fill with of mixture and seal.
7. Bake covered in a bain marie for 1 hour.
Want to plan the trip of your dreams? Create a custom trip around this lodge.
SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY