1. Cook quinoa and let cool.
2. Mix the eggs together with the sugar, salt, vanilla extract, the pisco or brandy , the milk and the melted butter.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and the baking powder together and add them little by little to the mixture until it becomes soft and homogenous.
4. Finally add the cooked quinoa. If the mixture appears dry, add some milk.
5. Pour in rounds onto a non-stick pan and cook on both sides until golden.
6. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup, honey, or fruit. Delicious!
How to cook quinoa like a Peruvian
Rinse the grains in cold water.
For 1 pound (2 cups) of quinoa, use a quart of water to cook.
First boil the water, then add the rinsed quinoa.
Boil for 12-15 minutes, or a maximum of 18 minutes if you prefer it a little more cooked.
Note: No salt or sugar should be used during the cooking of the quinoa.
Once cooked let it cool uncovered in a flat pan.
Want to plan the trip of your dreams? Create a custom trip around this lodge.
See a specially crafted National Geographic itinerary including this lodge.
SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY