Muddle fresh thinly sliced ginger, quartered limes, a dash of rhubarb bitters, a splash of simple syrup, half a spoon full of huckleberry jam, 3-5 fresh mint leaves, and a splash of soda water. Combine in a pint glass half-full of ice, add 1 ¼ oz. of Montgomery Distillery Quicksilver Vodka, 1 oz. of 44 Degrees North Mountain Huckleberry Vodka, and 1/8 oz. of St. Germain, Elderflower Liqueur. Shake and strain into a coupe glass. Top with soda water and add zest of a lime.
1. Peel the zest off of the mandarin orange with a vegetable peeler.
2. Stack the zest planks into a pile and thinly slice.
3. Trim the pith off of the exterior of the mandarin orange.
4. Cut the “supremes” out of the mandarin orange. The supremes are the sweet meat of the segments without the connective membrane.
5. Squeeze the juice out of what remains of the orange.
6. Combine the supremes, juice, zest and sugar into a stainless steel saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Transfer to serving vessel and let cool.
Sweet Cream Biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
3. Using a pastry knife, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is broken down to small beads.
4. Mix in heavy cream. Start with a fork and then use your hands to fold and lightly press.
5. Form into a rectangle shape on a flour-dusted work surface. Roll out to about a 1-inch thickness.
6. Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out biscuits to the desired size and place on baking sheet with space in between each biscuit.
7. Brush the top of each biscuit with the egg cream mixture.
8. Bake for 7 minutes.
9. Rotate the baking sheet and place back in the oven. Bake for an additional five minutes or until golden brown and delicious.
Want to plan the trip of your dreams? Create a custom trip around this lodge.
SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY